REMINDER: 2015 Healthcare-Associated VTE (HA-VTE) Prevention Challenge Accepting Submissions
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently announced an exciting opportunity to help protect patients from blood clots known as venous thromboembolism or VTE. As many as 900,000 Americans are affected by blood clots known as venous thromboembolism (VTE) each year and half of these are healthcare-associated. An estimated 70% of healthcare-associated VTEs (HA-VTEs) are avoidable, yet fewer than half of hospitalized patients receive appropriate preventive treatment. CDC is looking for solutions for improving HA-VTE prevention and invites you to enter the 2015 HA-VTE Prevention Challenge today.
About the Challenge:
The 2015 HA-VTE Prevention Challenge aims to find and reward hospitals and managed care organizations that implement innovative and effective ways to prevent HA-VTE, and share these best practices with others to help strengthen VTE prevention efforts. Nominate your organization for the chance to
- be awarded a cash prize of $10,000 (an estimated 7 organizations will be recognized as prize winners),
- promote your strategy to help other organizations prevent HA-VTE in patients,
- be named a HA-VTE Prevention Challenge Champion and have your success story featured on the CDC website!
The contest opened November 2, 2015 @ 5pm ET and closes on January 10, 2016.
What You Can Do:
- Review the Challenge rules and enter today! Entering is easy! Visit http://go.usa.gov/caRNB for further details.
- Pass this information on to your communities, colleagues, and to any and all individuals who may be interested in this opportunity. Attached are easy-to-share promotional flyers that you can send to potential participants. Let’s work together to prevent blood clots!
- Add our HA-VTE Prevention Challenge widget to your website to help promote the challenge. To add the custom button to your website or blog directing people to register for the CDC HA-VTE Prevention Challenge, copy and paste the following code into your website: <a href=”https://www.challenge.gov/challenge/healthcare-associated-venous-thromboembolism-ha-vte-prevention-challenge/” target=”_blank”><img typeof=”foaf:Image” src=”http://vte-challenge.com/sites/default/files/vte/healthcare-associated.png” width=”300″ height=”250″ alt=”” /></a>
- Follow our Twitter handle @cdc_ncbddd as we will be sharing important messages and reminders about the 2015 HA-VTE Prevention Challenge that you will not want to miss.
- Retweet, favorite, and share messages of your own. Here are a few sample tweets to get you started:
- Compete in CDC’s Healthcare-Associated Blood Clot Prevention Challenge! Enter to win by January 10, 2016. http://go.usa.gov/caRNB
- Are you a hospital, healthcare system/network, or managed care organization working to prevent VTE? Join CDC’s challenge http://go.usa.gov/caRNB
- CDC is looking for effective strategies for preventing VTE – enter the challenge & become a prevention champion! http://go.usa.gov/caRNB
Thank you in advance for your time. We look forward to hearing how you are working to prevent blood clots.