May Issue of CDC Vital Signs
NCBDDD is pleased to announce that on Tuesday, May 3rd, 1:00pm ET, CDC will release its monthly Vital Signs™ on ADHD in young children. In support of the release, NCBDDD’s Division of Human Development and Disability (DHDD) is coordinating a comprehensive launch strategy. This launch will include a package of products and tools that we look forward to sharing on the day of release. Some examples are:
- Mortality and Morbidity Weekly Report (MMWR) – scientific article
- Fact sheet with key messages about new data and information, infographics, and calls to action
- Social media tools and messages that will be promoted for 7-10 days after release
- Digital press kit including press release
Opportunities to Engage:
Please engage in this important release by using the Vital Signs™ products and tools, sharing the messages with your networks, and augmenting NCBDDD’s launch strategy with your own tailored strategy. We also encourage you to join us for the following events:
- On May 3rd at 2:00pm ET DHDD will host a partner conference call with subject matter experts and authors of the MMWR and Fact Sheet to review key findings, calls to action and main messages, and take questions.
We welcome and encourage you to join the call at: 877-988-0576; code 27284619
- On May 10th at 2:00PM ET CDC’s Office of State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (OSTLTS) will host a “Town Hall” Teleconference and feature presentations from two states who will discuss “Expanding Access to Effective Programs for Young Children with ADHD”
Logistic information for this teleconference will follow at a later date.
What you can do now:
Please visit the Vital Signs website at www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns to learn more about, and become familiar with the types of activities that are developed to support Vital Signs.
Communications Point of Contact:
About Vital Signs:
Vital Signs is a CDC report that appears on the first Tuesday of the month as part of the CDC journal Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, or MMWR. The report provides the latest data and information on key health indicators.