Executive Committee Nomination Form
We are accepting nominations for the Friends of NCBDDD Executive Committee to serve from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2015.
The objectives of the Friends of NCBDDD are to:
- Serve as a conduit between participant organizations and CDC’s National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD)
- Educate providers, practitioners, policymakers, and the public about the mission and activities of NCBDDD
- Disseminate NCBDDD program information
- Identify opportunities for new partnerships and liaisons
- Provide leadership in program development, research, public outreach, and identifying emerging issues
ELECTED OFFICERS AND DUTIES
Term: January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2015.
The Friends of NCBDDD Executive Committee seeks nominations for the Secretary and two Member at Large positions. Duties include, but not limited, to:
- Records the meeting minutes of the Executive Committee (EC)
- Assist the Internal and External Liaisons with communications via the Friends of NCBDDD Listserv and Website including collaborating with the Executive Committee (EC) on the distribution of meeting minutes
- Communicates with NCBDDD leadership
- Represents the Friends
Member at Large (2)
- Obtains and disseminates information to members on activities and policy directions of NCBDDD
- Identifies unmet needs and future opportunities to implement the various objectives and programs of NCBDDD
- Facilitates new external collaborations to help implement the mission of NCBDDD
- Hosts informational briefings for news media or health care professionals regarding the mission and activities of NCBDDD
- Develops and disseminates educational materials to health care professionals, agencies, and the public
- Communicates and seeks input from the greater Friends membership
- Represents the Friends
NOMINATION INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS:
Eligibility: Individual and nominee must be Friends of NCBDDD members to participate in the nominations process. Please provide your name so that your membership may be verified. Nominations will be kept anonymous.
Submission: Nominations may be submitted via email: Tory Christensen, email@example.com.
Deadline: Submissions will be accepted from Friday, September 20 to Friday, October 11, 2013.
Next Steps: Voting instructions will be shared in mid-October. Elections are expected to be held from Monday, October 14 to Tuesday, November 12, 2013. The results will be announced by the end of November.
Please submit nominations for the positions listed above. Include person’s name, organization, and contact information.
Print your name and organization:____________________________________
The Nomination Committee (Roberta Carlin, Friends Past-Chair; Adriane Griffen, Friends Chair; Jeff Cohen, Friends Member and Communications Chair; Annie Acosta, Member-at-Large; and Carolyn Mullen, Member-at-Large) will review the nominations and contact nominees to confirm their interest in the position.