Employment Opportunity: Supervisory Research Health Scientist/Supervisory Research Epidemiologist
CDC’s National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD) has initiated the hiring process for the Chief position in the Development Disabilities Branch in the Division of Congenital and Developmental Disorders. This high profile, high visibility position will:
- Lead CDC’s current efforts to better understand autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other developmental disabilities through tracking and research.
- Drive the long-term, strategic vision for building upon current tracking and research activities.
- Direct a strong, energetic, and diverse team of clinicians, epidemiologists, psychologists, public health analysts, and other staff.
- Work collaboratively with a variety of local/national/international stakeholder groups and regularly present to and meet with other federal/state/local agencies, professional/advocacy organizations, the media, etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on developmental disabilities tracking and research and the range of public health issues impacting individuals with developmental disabilities across the lifespan.
We are asking our partners to help us reach high quality candidates that are in your networks. The attached flyer provides additional important information about this high profile, high visibility leadership position. We are seeking highly-qualified candidates with a proven public health-oriented career, an advanced degree (MD, DO, PhD, DrPH, etc.), and experience in applied epidemiology.