Calling for Champions!
We can always use a few more Champions! The Friends of NCBDDD Executive Committee is looking for expertise in communications, marketing, government relations, as well as family member experience. The time commitment would involve a 1-year term, with an option to renew for an additional year. This would involve a monthly commitment of 1-2 hours, including joining the Communications Committee calls and Specific responsibilities may include:
- Serve as content area expert for the Executive Committee and NCBDDD projects
- Serve as a member of communications committee to coordinate messaging
- Advise on specific messaging for the Friends communications plan target audiences:
1) Federal government / Hill/ policy makers
2) NGOs – umbrella audience to include current friends, non-Friends, service providers
3) Families – umbrella audience to include parents, people with a disability
- Advise on each topic area with a unifying theme
- Act as a member liaison for a group of 25-30 key partners whose mission and work relate to the topic
- Serve representative of an organization
- Assist in promoting the Friends through social media
If you are interested in serving as a Champion, please contact the Friends Chair, Adriane Griffen, at email@example.com.